We are a camp dedicated to both proclaiming the glory of God and enjoying his creation.
Stoney Point Camp serves local churches as they seek to glorify God and enjoy His creation by providing spaces, resources and services to lead children and adults into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ through evangelism, Bible teaching and preaching, individual and family activities, fellowship, and individual and group discipleship.
- To provide each camper with fun, adventurous activities not normally found at home.
- To develop growth in the camper spiritually, physically, intellectually, emotionally, and socially. (SPIES)
- To teach skills and good judgment in activities involving an element of risk.
- To provide appropriate camping programs that are geared to proper age levels, abilities, and camper interests.
- To develop good health habits.
- To provide hearty, healthy meals which are nutritionally balanced and delicious.
- To provide healthy and balanced physical exercise.
- To develop a campers mindset to “treat others as they would like to be treated”.
- To teach campers how to responsibly and compassionately care for animals and property put under their care.
- To promote the importance of the family unit and church body into the heart of the camper.
What We Believe
- In the Bible as the inspired and only infallible and authoritative written Word of God. (II Tim. 3:16-17; II Pet. 1:19-21)
- In one God, eternally existent, manifesting Himself in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. (Mt. 3:16-17; II Cor. 13:14)
- In the Biblical account of the six days of creation. (Gen. 1:1-2:4)
- In the deity, incarnation, and virgin birth of our Lord Jesus Christ. (Jn. 1:1-2, 14; Is. 7:14; Matt. 1:18-25)
- In the sinless life of Jesus Christ on earth and the finished substitutionary atonement of Jesus Christ on the cross. (II Cor. 5:21; Rom. 5:6-9; Lk. 23:46; Jn. 19:30)
- In the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the grave. (John 20)
- In the pre-tribulational rapture of the Church at the second coming of Jesus Christ to meet His saints in the air. (I Thess. 4:16-17)
- In a literal hell as the eternal punishment for the unsaved. (Lk. 16:19-31; Rev. 20:11-15)
- In salvation by grace alone through faith alone in the final redemptive blood sacrifice of Jesus Christ on Calvary. (Eph. 2:8-9)
- In the God-ordained institution of marriage between one man and one woman. Gen 2:18-25; Eph 5:22-33
More than anything else it is our desire that you pray for us. We are excited about what God can do and what God will do here at SPC. It is our desire to see Psalm 40:2-3 lived out in every camper's life. As you pray for us, please remember these things:
- We ask that God would fill our Summer camp roster
- We ask God for Spirit filled helpers
- We pray that God would keep all campers and staff safe from physical harm
- We pray that God would give us fertile soil in both hearts and minds of those who come to Stoney Point Camp